2021 Virtual Exhibit Hall
YES, there will be an Exhibit Hall! This is a new experience for all of us and our NERGC team has been working diligently to find the best technology to deliver a quality conference for all our attendees. Part of our in-person conference experience in the past has been welcoming genealogists to our booths in the Exhibit Hall as they find information on genealogical societies, software, books, maps and other products that we all must have for our research. The exhibit hall has always been a popular component of our conference and we are excited to tell you that with Cvent technology, we will be providing a “virtual” exhibit hall that meets your needs. The virtual Exhibit Hall will be available online to conference attendees and the general public for 61 days. This is an excellent opportunity to grow your society and customer base with national exposure to a targeted market.
For $75 your Virtual Booth can feature:
- Your organization or company name
- A description of your organization
- Downloadable files of brochures, membership applications, catalogs, photos and any other pertinent information about your society or products
- The names and photos of your booth’s virtual staff or society officers
- Live staffing, which is available with the two options listed below
- The option to offer a “door-prize” and collect email contact information for future communications
- A link to your organization’s social media platforms such as:
- Your website
- Your online store using your own secure ordering and payment links
- Your Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram accounts
- Your blog
- Your YouTube channel
- Anything else you’d like them to see
An additional option is available to enhance your Virtual Booth to facilitate personal interactions with interested conference attendees, answer questions and increase sales. For $25, you can purchase a button for attendees to join you in a video chat for open discussions or demonstrations.
- There will be training provided on how to set up your virtual booth for maximum benefit to your society or business. It will be important to reserve your space early, so you will have plenty of time and assistance to create a booth that will be exactly the way you want it and as successful or more successful as any of your in-person experiences in the past.
Each NERGC conference draws a larger audience than the previous conferences and we anticipate matching or exceeding our 2019 attendance record of over 1,000 enthusiastic genealogists. Because we will be virtual, we expect many new attendees, not only from New England but across the country. This will be an excellent opportunity to feature your society or business in our virtual Exhibit Hall where you can attract new members and showcase your society and merchandise.
Plans are in progress to present 72 lectures along with many of the other features you’ve enjoyed in the past, such as Ancestors Road Show, Society Fair, Special Interest Groups, and Queries. There will be a 90-minute lunch break on each program day with unopposed Exhibit Hall time. We are also exploring options to support persons with special needs.
Our nationally recognized speakers for this conference will include:
Angie Bush, who is both a Master Genealogist and Professional Molecular Genealogist
Pat Richley-Erickson author of the award-winning DearMYRTLE Genealogy Blog, DearMYRTLE’s YouTube Channel and founder of GeneaWebinars
John Grenham, author of the well-known guide to Irish genealogy, Tracing your Irish Ancestors as well as numerous other publications on Irish research
Going virtual has the following advantages:
- Scheduled & On-demand presentations – No difficult decisions about which lecture to attend! All recorded presentations will be available for you to view 24/7 whenever you choose, for 61 days.
- Conference extended – The programmed events will be happening over six different days for six weeks. Plenty of time between April 1st to May 31st to listen to any and all of the recorded sessions. No “overload” from three or four consecutive days of packed sessions!
- Safe and convenient – No risky travel, no hotel reservations, no trip delay.
- Easy on the budget – No hotel or meal expenses – leaving plenty of spending money for the Exhibit Hall!
Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
As there will be a limited number of booths, it is important to reserve your space early. The Exhibitors Booth Application and a sample graphic of a virtual booth are now available. A list of all of our different available advertising opportunities is available for download here, as well as on our website.
Registration for NERGC 2021 will begin soon, so start making plans to be a part of this exciting conference. Continue to follow our E-zines, Facebook page, and Blog to keep up-to-date on the planning and the excitement of this conference.
Contact Annette Smith, Exhibit Hall Chair, at email@example.com to reserve your virtual Exhibit Booth today!