Plan to attend and enjoy conference activities in facilities directly off Interstate 91 and only minutes from the Massachusetts Turnpike. The Genealogy & Local History Library located in the Connecticut Valley Historical Museum, the Basketball Hall of Fame, the Springfield Armory Museum, and the Dr. Seuss National Memorial are but some of the nearby attractions.
Pauline Cusson and Richard Roberts are the Co-Chairs for the 2011 Conference, assisted by Carol Bosworth and Pat Long. The Program Chair is Allison Ryall.
Begin letting friends and fellow members of your organization know about the 2011 conference. Most importantly, insure that your genealogical society, historical society, or library will be in on the ground floor as we plan for 2011.
Each NERGC conference has been bigger and better than the previous one, and 2011 should be no exception! In keeping with the Conference theme, featured speakers John Philip Colletta, Paul Milner over 40 other speakers will help genealogists explore:
– New research pathways, methodologies, and strategies, including technology and online resources;
– The “pathways” their ancestors followed into and out of New England (including where and why they moved and settlement and migration patterns);
– Ethnic genealogy of all types, especially British Isles, Irish, Italian, French-Canadian, African American, and Native American;
– New approaches to discovering their ancestors’ worlds through directories, maps, atlases, gazetteers, and online imagery;
– Systematic approaches for finding and utilizing record sources (such as religious, civil, cemetery, military, newspapers, etc.);
– The wealth of information available in New England’s repositories (archives, libraries, historical societies, etc.);
– New ways to plan and prepare for a successful research trip, including resources close to home;
– General genealogical skills and techniques;
– Family history writing and publishing.
In addition to the wealth of knowledge shared by expert genealogists, there will be opportunities to explore the Exhibit Hall — and meeting hundreds of other attendees at the Conference who share your love for genealogy may be one of the greatest rewards of all!
The excitement for Exploring New Paths to Your Roots is already building. Watch our Website: www.NERGC.org for developing information.